Sunday, March 18, 2012


It's a Sunday, and I'm all alone at home. Looking out of my window, I saw kids in the swimming pool, with their mom and dad, enjoying the sun and having fun. I really envy them because I don't have a family day just like them. My dad is always busy and I hardly spoke to him. That's the reason why I'm not even close to him. There was once I didn't even see my dad for 2 months! Can you imagine that? I always have this thinking, why can't I be like those people out there?

Deep in my heart, I really want to do some family bonding with my parents. People always say the childhood of a person is really important as that is when parents and child bond together and that is when their relationship will be closer. Well, sad to say that my dad is always busy. He doesn't even have the time for me. And I spent my childhood with my cousin, playing in the garden etc. I always went out with my aunt and uncle. They treat me as though I'm their daughter. They never left me out.

I'm not trying to say that I'm not close with my mom. I'm close to her. More close than I'm with my dad. Sometimes I yearn to hear some encouragement from my dad. In my 20 years, I never hear a word of encouragement from my dad before. All I hear are those sarcasm from him. I really don't know what to say about it.

I saw this quote online, which is about family. I would like to share it with everyone.


"The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coverting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together"
- Erma Bombeck

No comments: